BarroMetrics Views: 2010 Adieu
As 2010 comes to an end, I look back and see I have much to be grateful for.
It’s been a great year!
- The return on my large fund was the best in 20 years of managing money. I have decided to close it down, retire my traders and go out on a high.
- The smaller fund also did well in its own way.
- I have taken my first steps to make a dream of leaving a legacy into a reality. I and a couple of mates have started what I see as the beginning of a trading school. Let’s see if I do a better job this time. I did launch one many moons ago; but I had to suspend my dream.
- 2010! You taught me many new things. If I had to choose, the Oscar would go to Rob Hanna of Quantifiable Edges. He and I are poles apart when it comes to trading style and timeframes. But through his excellent site and newsletter, he showed me his way of viewing quant studies. I have adapted and integrated his ideas into my own trading with success. Thanks Rob
- A big thanks to all my friends and family – to each of whom I have dropped a personal note.
- Finally a big thank you to my silent readers . The numbers dropping in have increased exponentially.
By the way, I say silent because although the stats show a committed and growing audience, I wouldn’t know it from the comments I receive; do drop me a line from time to time – it’s hard to work in the dark.I am looking forward to next year as well as looking forward to a well-earned break: until Jan 3, I’ll update this blog intermittently.
Have a great Xmas, guys and gals, and I hope 2011 brings you all the happiness, health and wealth you desire!