Well we are in 2010! As we start the year, I find it useful to ask 6 questions in all areas of my life:
1. What has been working so far – i.e. what is helping me attain the goals that lead to my VISION?
2. What’s not working so far – i.e. what is proving a barrier to my attaining the goals that lead to my VISION?
3. What should I do more of in 2010 and the next decade? (All the things that are working).
4. What should I do less of (or stop doing) in 2010 and the next decade? (All the things that are not working).
5. What should I start doing in 2010 and the next decade – e.g. applying the discoveries that Neurology is making to the learning and teaching arena.
Just thinking about the issues and making decisions helps provides a rough roadmap that my 2010 business plan will refine. Then in 2020 (if I am still alive), I can look back, see what worked and what didn’t and thus have a starting point for the next decade.
My best wishes for all areas of your life in 2010 and beyond!