BarroMetrics Views: An Event For Your Trading Improvement!
Tomorrow, I’ll conclude “Trade War – Black Swan?“. I was going to do it today, but we have been inundated with questions about July 5. I’ll answer those questions now.
The objective on July 5 to leave the participants with a trading process that will improve their results. We’re looking to achieve this by:
- providing the needed ideas and theory. The ideas that have served me when managing the private-partnership hedge fund (1990 to 2010) and my own trading.
- illustrating the ideas with real-time trading at the presentation; and
- providing the tools to apply the ideas.
The ideas will cover the “3 Biggest Mistakes Traders Make” and how to avoid them. Without giving the presentation away, I think it’s safe to say that at least one is not normally associated with trading. Yet, the failure to address this issue just about guarantees failure.
We’ll be trading the markets live. On this blog, I posted about the system we’ll be using. It’s ideal for the presentation: short-term with an amazing expectancy return. And no, I won’t be presenting its rules. I will be using it to show the process all successful traders (in one form or another) for their trades. It’s also a process few, if any, losing traders apply.
The psychology for using the system is a simple one: attendees will follow the success process if they associate it with a profitable trade. The research shows we retain 75% of what we practice and only 5% of what we hear.
The tools we’re giving away?
- The equity spreadsheet I use to use before I adopted Edgewonk. Indeed, I am still using it because it provides data that Edgewonk does not. We’ll be sending the spreadsheet out before the event.
- A trading system using end-of-day data. The reason for this timeframe is I expect most attendees to have full-time jobs. I believe it’s not possible to apply consistently system rules that utilise intra-day data. Only July 8, the system rules will be sent to all registrants together with a ‘how to apply’ video.
- A template for a psych journal will be demonstrated at the event.
Here are the registration links:
Live-stream for those who can’t attend the event:
There is an SGD 20.00 (about USD 14.00-15.00) fee for the live-stream.
For those attending in Singapore:
There is a refundable (on attendance) SGD 20.00 fee for Singapore attendees.
If you are planning to attend: Please register before Tuesday, June 27, to avoid disappointment. We have a live-stream limit of 50 (to ensure
*** Please register before Tuesday, June 27, to avoid disappointment. We have a live-stream limit of 50 (to ensure
We have a live-stream limit of 50 (to ensure quality of projection) and a 100-limit on attendance. We are almost at 50 for the live-stream and over half full for the attendance.
On Tuesday, our joint venture partner Oanda will be inviting their clients, so we expect to be fully booked shortly after that.
Looking forward to catching up with all registrants on July 5!
Image credits: alamy stock photos