We now come to the pivotal phase: ‘The Presencing’.
Up till now, the strategy has been one of letting go:
- Move beyond our mindsets and
- Squarely face reality. In facing reality we
- Use both our right and left brain as well as our emotions.
In this phase, we begin the process of ‘letting come’. The information we have accepted will crystallize into into a series of possibilities – our job in this phase is just to note them.
In my case, the practical actions I take are to brainstorm for two reasons:
- why my favoured scenarios may be unlikely and
- what I have to see to prove them wrong.
At the beginning of this stage, I have done a right-left brain analysis with an open mind. In the process, l have formed a reasonably firm view of the action I shall take in the current market conditions. In other words, the ideas ‘have come’.
To let the ideas ‘come’ without blindsiding myself, I play the Dcvil’s advocate to come up with:
- list of benchmarks that may cause ‘the idea/ideas’ formed to be re-examined immediately or
- a set of benchmarks that may cause ‘the idea/ideas’ to be re-examined if the benchmarks occur.
Tomorrow we’ll examine the next phase by which we enhance the benchmarks to a set of criteria for action.